Launched in the UK in early 2001, the Peugeot 307 was available with three different petrol engine models and two choices of diesel engine. The bodies that were offered were a hatchback with three or five doors and a station wagon with five doors. In March of the next year the Sport Wagon model arrived. Keep reading until the end and learn how to disassemble the dashboard of a Peugeot 307.
The Peugeot 307 was the successor of the 306 example, if you want to access the radio or the instrument panel of the Peugeot 307 vehicle, you will have to disassemble the dashboard of the 307 which is secured by many screws and bolts. Removing the dash is a lengthy procedure that can take up to half a day.
How to disassemble the dashboard of a Peugeot 307?
Well, disassembling the dashboard of a Peugeot 307 is not an impossible task, but it is a job that you can do step by step.
- First disable the car alarm system. Then turn off the ignition and wait at least two minutes. Then open the hood and begin to disconnect the battery.
- Now you must release the two retaining clips located on the sides of the audio unit. Then slide the unit forward. Proceed to disconnect the wiring and also the cables and remove the unit.
- Open the ashtray and then squeeze the clip to hold. Then remove the ashtray.
- Locate the 2 screws located above the ashtray opening and unscrew them. Locate the rubber mold for the storage tray and remove it. Now unhook the gear lever gaiter from the panel.
- Pry up the top of the lower center panel with a screwdriver to remove it. Also locate the two outer switches (or switch blanks if no switches are installed) on the top edge of the dash, above the center vents. Take them out the same way.
- Unscrew the 2 screws from the opening. Then unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom edge of the panel and proceed to remove the panel by disconnecting all the wire pins.
You can read about: The Opinions And Specifications Of The Peugeot 307
On automatic transmission models, lift up on the selector lever position display trim after locating the rubber trim on the storage tray and removing it, rather than unhooking the shifter gaiter from the panel.
things you will need
You will need the following tools to remove the dashboard of a Peugeot 307: