Hi-ya!,now. In this article you will find a description of fuses and relays Error P0507 – how to fix?
Include with pictures of box diagrams along with their locations. Highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse (as the favourite thing people look for).
Get tips on Support fuses, updating a fuse, and more.
Code definition P0507
P0507 is a generic OBD2 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) that relates to a fault in the idle control system. This code is related to P0505 and P0506.
What does the code P0507 mean?
The code P0507 means that the idle control system is over-revving. The ECU has a specific RPM range that the idle speed is allowed and when it is higher than expected the ECU sets the code P0507. When this code is activated, the vehicle enters emergency mode and the Check Engine light illuminates on the dashboard.
What causes the code P0507?
- Intake air leak
- Faulty or clogged IAC valve
- Carbon build up in the throttle body
- Faulty power steering pressure switch
- Faulty alternator
What are the symptoms of the P0507 code?
The engine light comes on
High idle engine speed
Idle speed fluctuating
Difficulty starting the vehicle
How can a mechanic diagnose the P0507 code?
- Plug the scan tool into the vehicle’s DLC port and check for codes present.
- Record the DTC data for use during a test drive and clear the codes.
- Carry out a test drive with the vehicle to repeat the fault.
- Perform a visual inspection and check for damaged vacuum hoses or external air leaks.
- Inspect the throttle body for excessive carbon build-up and proper opening and closing operation.
- Uses a scan tool to check RPM when checking the IAC and the power steering pressure switch
- Check charging system
The most common errors when diagnosing the code P0507
Errors are made when simple elements are skipped due to the steps not being followed in the correct order or not being followed at all. Several different systems are involved in the P0507 code and if the system is omitted the parts that are working properly can be replaced.
How serious is the P0507 code?
The P0507 code should not prevent the vehicle from being driven to a safe place after the fault has occurred. Fluctuations in idle speed can cause problems with the vehicle’s operation, but in most cases the engine will not shut down.
What repairs can remove the code P0507?
- Replace or clean idle air valve.
- Repair the air inlet leak
- Charging system repair
- Cleaning the throttle body
- Replacing the power steering pressure switch
Additional notes regarding code P0507
The idle air valve and throttle body can accumulate excessive carbon deposits over time, typically over 100,000. miles. The build-up of sludge can cause problems with the operation of these parts by clogging them up or stopping proper movement. A throttle body cleaner can be used to remove carbon deposits.