Hello!,at this moment. In this posting you will discover a description of fuses and relays Error P0174 – how to fix?
Include with images of block diagrams in addition to their locations. Highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse (as the most common thing people look for).
Get advice on Service fuses, replacing a fuse, and more.
Code definition P0174
System Too Poor (Bank 2)
What does the code P0174 mean
Code P0174 indicates that there is a low fuel condition detected by the engine control module (ECM). A lean state occurs when there is too much air and not enough fuel in the air to fuel ratio (AFR). The ECM is designed with the ability to bring your lean condition back to normal, but only by small to medium amounts. If the air-fuel ratio requires more compensation than the ECU can recover to normal, code P0174 may appear.
What causes the code P0174?
- Air leakage downstream of the mass air flow (MAF) sensor, such as a cracked intake grille or damaged intake manifold gaskets.
- Dirty or damaged mass air mass sensor.
- Defective oxygen sensor
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Positive crankcase ventilation valve (PCV) leaking
- Clogged exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) port
- Brake servo leaks
What are the symptoms of the P0174 code?
- Increased fuel consumption
- The engine light comes on
- Idle speed high or uneven
- Decreased acceleration
- The engine jams
How does the mechanic diagnose the P0174 code?
- Perform a fuel pressure check
- Checks the intake system and vacuum lines for leaks
- Check valve cover for worn hoses or leaks
- Checks the PCV valve
- Checks the air mass sensor with a scan tool or multimeter
- Check the appropriate oxygen sensor with a scan tool or multimeter.
The most common errors when diagnosing the code P0174
- Replacing a component without first finding that it is damaged by testing
- Failure to check the intake system for cracks or leaks
How serious is the P0174 code?
Overall, thinning isn’t that serious. Note, however, that there is a possibility that the dilution condition is due to a leak in the intake system. Air intake leaks can admit solid particles into the engine, which can be harmful.
What repairs can fix the code P0174?
- Mass air flow sensor replacement
- Clean the mass air flow sensor
- Replacing a damaged oxygen sensor
- PCV valve replacement
- Vacuum hose replacement
- Replacing the EGR valve
- Replacing the brake booster
- Replace the valve cover gasket
Additional notes to code P0174
Make sure the intake manifold and vacuum lines are tight.