Hi-ya!,good afternoon. In this article you will discover a description of fuses and relays Error P0024 – how to fix?
Include with pictures of block diagrams along with their locations. Highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse (as the most famous thing people look for).
Get suggestions about Program fuses, changing a fuse, and more.
Code definition P0024
Camshaft Position B – Excessive timing or system performance (Bank 2)
What does the code P0024 mean
P0024 is a general OBD-II code indicating that the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the exhaust camshaft on bank 2 is in a more advanced position than the ECM expected. The extended position may be in the timing deceleration or acceleration phase.
What is the cause of the code P0024?
- The ECM uses the camshaft and crankshaft sensors to detect that the camshaft timing is too far out.
- The camshaft oil regulating valve (OCV) on the bank 2 camshaft is stuck or has clogged passages.
- The oil is too thick, causing clogging of the channels due to no oil flow to or from the camshaft chamferers that control the timing.
- The camshaft position adjuster is stuck in its home position due to damage or malfunction.
What are the symptoms of the P0024 code?
- The Check Engine light comes on and the engine enters safety mode.
- The engine may have difficulty starting.
- The engine may run rough, wobble, or stall depending on the advancement of the camshaft.
- The engine may have a pre-ignition problem during acceleration.
- Engine exhaust emissions may exceed federal levels and fail the emissions test.
Note: These symptoms may vary depending on the camshaft timing position.
How can a mechanic diagnose the P0024 code?
- Perform a visual inspection to determine any problems with the electrical connector, wiring, or camshaft oil adjusting valve for the exhaust camshaft bank 2.
- Check that the engine is filled with clean engine oil of the correct viscosity.
- Scanning and documenting received codes, and viewing data from frozen frames to see when a code has been set
- Resets and clears OBD-II fault codes, re-tests the vehicle to see if code P0024 reoccurred.
- Perform the manufacturer specific test for the code P0024.
Note: Follow the manufacturer’s recommended benchmarking test to narrow down the problem and avoid replacing the wrong components.
The most common errors when diagnosing the P0024 code
- Follow these simple guidelines to avoid mistakes: * Visually check that all electrical connections are connected.
- Check that the engine oil is full, clean, and has the correct viscosity for the engine.
- Before performing other tests, verify that the trouble code has returned.
- Follow the manufacturer’s test procedures step by step.
- Do not replace any sensor or component unless testing shows a problem.
How serious is the P0024 code?
- The engine may malfunction, stall, hesitate, run roughly, or start difficult.
- Depending on the improper camshaft alignment, the engine can have excessive fuel consumption, carbon build-up on engine components, and various handling problems.
- The engine may not pass the exhaust emission tests.
What repairs can remove the P0024 code?
- Clear and recheck error codes and perform road test.
- Change oil and filter with oil of proper viscosity according to engine specification
- Repair or replace the wiring of the camshaft oil control valve for the exhaust camshaft bank 2.
- Replace the camshaft oil regulating valve for exhaust camshaft Bank 2
Additional notes regarding code P0024
The code may be caused if the oil has become contaminated and restricted oil transfer through the camshaft to the valve timing, causing the timing to be too advanced.