Hi-ya!,good morning. On this page you will discover a description of fuses and relays Error P0020 – how to fix?
Include with pictures of box diagrams as well as their locations. Highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse (as the favourite thing people look for).
Get recommendations on Program fuses, swapping a fuse, and more.
Code definition P0020
Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (A) (Bank 2)
What does the code P0020 mean
P0020 is a general OBD-II code that indicates that the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the oil control valve (OCV) on the inlet camshaft in bank 2 has an open or short circuit. This happens during the driving cycle.
What is the cause of the code P0020?
- The ECM has ordered the OCV to be at less than 80% duty cycle and the output is 100%.
- The ECM ordered the OCV to be 70% and the efficiency is less than 3%.
- The OCV or the exhaust camshaft pipes of bank 1 may be shorted.
- The OCV may be open circuit or wiring is leaking.
What are the symptoms of the P0020 code?
- The Check Engine light will come on.
- If the OCV is closed, the engine may have difficulty starting.
- If the OCV is closed or open, the engine will have a lower fuel mileage.
- The motor may run erratically, stall or stall depending on whether it has an open or shorted OCV circuit.
Note: Symptoms will vary depending on the position of the camshaft when Variable Valve Timing (VVT) has stopped working.
How can a mechanic diagnose the P0020 code?
- Visually inspect the electrical connectors, wiring, and OCV for possible problems.
- It checks the computer codes and then documents the data from the frozen frames for the given code.
- The vehicle is tested to see if the codes will return.
- Checks that the resistance of the OCV is approximately 6.9 to 7.9 ohms.
- Tracks and repairs any short circuit or open circuit in wiring.
- Check the installation in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Note: If the above checks are not successful, perform a manufacturer recommended benchmarking test to reduce the problem.
The most common errors when diagnosing the code P0020
Follow these simple tips to help diagnose and avoid mistakes:
- Perform a visual inspection for common problems such as making sure electrical connectors are connected.
- Check that the engine oil has the correct viscosity and is not clogged.
- Check that there are any trouble codes before attempting any repair.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s procedures to avoid replacing components that require repair or misdiagnosing a fault code.
How serious is the P0020 code?
- The engine can accelerate with difficulty.
- The fuel consumption of the engine may decline.
- Carbon can build up on the valves and piston rings if the engine is not repaired as quickly as possible.
What repairs can remove the code P0020?
- Clear fault codes and test the system to verify the code.
- Repair or replace the wiring of the intake camshaft oil control valve for bank 2.
- Replace the camshaft oil regulating valve for the intake camshaft Bank 2
- Replace the ECM if the localization tests indicate it.
Additional notes regarding code P0020
The code may be caused by a short circuit or an open circuit in the internal OCV circuit. This code may be accompanied by the code P0021 or P0022.