Hello!,at this moment. In this post you will find a description of fuses and relays Error P0016 – how to fix?
Include with pics of block diagrams and their locations. Highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse (as typically the most popular thing people look for).
Get suggestions about Program fuses, changing a fuse, and more.
Code definition P0016
Camshaft Position A – Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1)
What does the code P0016 mean?
P0016 is a generic OBD-II code indicating that the bank 1 camshaft position sensor is not correlated with the crankshaft position sensor signal.
What is the cause of the code P0016?
- The camshaft timing is misaligned because the timing chain has skipped teeth.
- The camshaft shifter is out of position due to a problem with the camshaft shifter.
- The flow of oil into the chamfering tool is hampered by improper oil viscosity or partially clogged channels.
- The oil control valve (OCV) has a restriction in the OCV filter.
What are the symptoms of the P0016 code?
- The Check Engine light comes on.
- The engine may be degraded or difficult to start.
- The engine may malfunction, stall, hesitate, or run roughly.
- Engine mileage will decrease.
Note: Irregular driving complaints will vary depending on the fault.
How can a mechanic diagnose the P0016 code?
- Visually inspect for problems with the connections or wiring of the OCV, camshaft sensors, and crankshaft.
- Check that the engine oil is full and clean, with the correct viscosity.
- It scans and documents engine codes and looks at data from frozen frames to see when the code was set
- Resets check engine light and re-tests on the road to see if code reoccurs
- Turn the OCV on and off to verify that the camshaft sensor shows timing changes for the camshaft on bank 1.
- Perform manufacturer tests for the code P0016 to determine the cause of the code.
Note: The manufacturer recommends a troubleshooting test to narrow down the problem. Running the recommended tests will help you diagnose without having to replace the wrong parts.
The most common errors when diagnosing the code P0016
- Failure to verify fault and codes prior to any repairs.
- No visual inspection for possible wiring or connection problems with components.
- Failure to complete all benchmark steps to prevent misdiagnosis of good components.
- Failure to replace parts indicated by the comparative test or visual inspection for damage.
How serious is the P0016 code?
- The engine may stutter or hesitate, and may have difficulty starting.
- The timing chain can have problems with the tensioners or guides and can lead to further engine damage if the valves strike the pistons.
- Driving the car with timing for an extended period of time can cause additional internal engine problems, depending on the part damaged.
What repairs can remove the code P0016?
- Resetting fault codes and performing a road test.
- Replace the camshaft sensor in bank 1.
- Repair the wiring or connection to the camshaft OCV or the camshaft sensor.
- Replace the camshaft OCV in station 1
- Replace the timing chain and guides
Additional notes regarding code P0016
The code P0016 may be caused by the camshaft sensor in bank 1 having an intermittent internal problem due to vibration or high temperature. These issues may or may not be verified. If repeated attempts to find the fault do not result in the verification of the code, suspect the failure of the camshaft sensor.