An air flow sensor are those that are responsible for measuring the air that enters through the air intake system so that the electronic control unit (ECU) of the vehicle can make adjustments to the air/fuel ratio. When this important component in a car is damaged or does not work well, it is important that you know how to fix it, so read on and learn. how to repair car maf sensor.
Adjustments to the fuel mixture are precise in order to keep the car running smoothly. Too much air and not enough gasoline will cause the engine to have a slow functionality, causing the car to stall latently. However, too much gas and too little air will cause the engine to overrun, increasing gas mileage, plus the perfect air/gas ratio is 14.7:1 or 14.7 parts air to 1 part gas. .
How to repair a MAF sensor
When the MAF sensor fails or is near failure, your car will not function properly or normally. It may stop invariably even when you are driving yourself, however, the sensor is probably not broken. Instead, chances are it just needs to be cleaned of small bits of dust or debris that have accidentally entered the intake system.
Well, the steps you need to follow to fix a MAF sensor are as follows:
- You must first open the hood of your car and try to locate the mass air flow sensorIf you don’t know where the MAF sensor might be on your car, try looking near the largest air filter box.
- Then, you must remove the two screws that serve to immobilize the sensor to the intake system
- Now all you have to do is remove the intake MAF sensor.
- The only way to repair a MAF sensor is to wet the sensor’s platinum wires in the lower area of the “neck” of the device located in the intake system with an electrical parts cleaning liquid. You should not rub, you just have to pour the liquid a considerable distance, and this will take care of eradicating any residue of dust or debris that may have entered the sensor and is causing a malfunction
- Finally you must put the sensor back in the same place and fasten the retaining screws.
These were the steps you must follow to correctly repair a MAF sensor, do not forget to follow the steps as indicated in this list to avoid failures or more serious problems.
Don’t stop reading about: Steps to Test a MAF Sensor